instantMojo

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Quick Quotes Club Q September Bonus Projects!

Wow!  This year is just flying by!  Can't believe it is already September!  Lots of exciting stuff happening here!  Our family recently grew....my Mom came to live with us!  (what were you thinking?!!)  Our house suddenly seemed much smaller.  So we searched and finally found a house that had four bedrooms and seemed "just right".  It is actually just up the road from our old house!  My best bud from Michigan came out and saved me, as usual!  Amy flew out and helped move us.  Wasn't that awesome!?!  We aren't quite done, and wow, will we ever be unpacked?  But so far I think it is going to be great!  I am attempting to "purge", clense, sort, simplify...whatever you want to call it!    Let me tell you, if you are considering moving.....Don't do it!  It's a thankless job!  And moving a short distance isn't any easier!  (can I get an Amen Judy, Amy and Tiffany?) 

Thank goodness I got to do something creative right in the middle of everything!  I got my favorite box with all my Quick Quotes goodies!! 

Using this months Club Q kit, and the beautiful Cherry Truffle papers, I decided to make a dedication board for a friend we recently lost in a car crash.  I used a large canvas, 24 x 36 inches, coloring the sides of the canvas with our powder puff inks, to match the papers.  The papers and embelishments this month worked perfectly for this application, with the rich, warm colors.  I also inked the frames amd added "manly bows", (or knots!)   

I love the decorated transparancy sheets and die cuts!  I also thought the ribbon roses were "da bomb"!  I gathered them, and used them as rosette pieces. 

I thought it came out very manly!  It will be displayed at the funeral and services, then will look beautiful hanging on a wall.    I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Talk to you soon!

Jean

0 comments:

Post a Comment